Monday, January 16, 2012

Cyber bullying vs. Cyber-harassment/Cyber-stalking vs. Bad Review

I've been noticing a lot of negative stuff going on through Facebook. Some of which could have been prevented and others which I believe had to do with built-up anger and frustration. Nonetheless, I feel that it’s necessary to distinguish the difference between Cyber bullying, Cyber-harassment/Cyber-stalking and Bad Review.

Cyber bullying only involves a minor. It’s when a minor is threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or plain out targeted by another minor or groups of minors via the Internet, mobile phones, or anything digital that technology has brought out.

Cyber-harassment/Cyber-stalking is when adults are involved in the situation. Cyber-harassment deals with threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, blog entries, or websites that's dedicated solely to tormenting an individual. Cyber-stalking is when adults use the Internet, email, or any form of electronic communication to stalk, and develop a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors. Cyber-stalking poses a threat to harm and therefore is considered the most dangerous form of Internet harassment.

Bad Review is simply just that a "Bad Review". Reviews vary from companies to products to customer service to business; basically it entails everything. If you as a customer purchase something from a company. It is your RIGHT to do a review on the product.
For example: If I purchase clothes from Body Central and I'm in love love love with my purchase and I wanted to tell the world how amazing the Sales Associates where, how well my items fit, how much compliments I got; but all means I can do that because that's my right. Same scenario different turn out. I love what I purchased but the Sales Associate had an attitude with me, anything I asked was a problem, but I wanted that particular outfit so I just bought it and left; it’s my right to give a review about my experience with the company.

Reviews are meant to be constructive criticism to help businesses grow, expand, and become successful. Now the problem comes in when Reviews are being used as a targeting tool and company’s uses said reviews as a personal vendetta! When that happens it becomes Cyber-harassment. Learn the difference. If someone gives a review the way I see it is as a business acknowledge the problem instead of sweeping it under the rug and turning it against the customer and making it seem like the customer is out to get you.

Wal-Mart never made their millions by having good reviews. They used their bad reviews to their advantage to help build them which is why they are one of the richest brands in the world. Sears, Target, JC Penny, Macy's... all these companies are thriving companies because despite everything they listen to their customers... because at the end of the day without customers your business would just be a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment